Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Neither the content nor any other service offered by or through this website is intended to be relied on for medical diagnosis or treatment, without a physician's interaction and involvement. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". DERMIRA, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SPECIFICALLY, DERMIRA, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, SUITABILITY OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, TOOLS, LINKS, OR COMMUNICATIONS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DERMIRA, OR ON ANY SITE OR SITES "LINKED" TO THIS SITE. DERMIRA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Any claims arising in connection with your use of the site or any content must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred.
As a resource to our visitors, this site provides links to other websites. However, because we do not control the content of the other websites we may link to, and due to their constantly changing nature, we cannot be responsible for the content, practices or standards of third-party sites. Dermira does not endorse the content on any third-party websites. Dermira is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites, sites framed within the site, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites.
We grant you permission to print individual pages from the site, unless otherwise expressly noted, for your own personal, non-commercial use in learning about the services or products offered by Dermira or for your non-commercial use in connection with healthcare or education. If you are a healthcare professional or provider, you may print individual pages from the site, unless otherwise expressly noted, and share the information and materials with others. No other permission is granted to you to print, copy, reproduce, distribute, license, transfer, sell, transmit, upload, download, store, display in public, alter, modify or create derivative works of these materials. This grant of permission is not a transfer of title, and under this permission you may not:
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
We make no warranties or representations to you that your use of any materials displayed on the site will not infringe the rights of third parties.
Unless otherwise indicated, all logos, names, designs, and marks on the site are trademarks or service marks owned or used under license by Dermira. The use or misuse of any of these marks or other information is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent or trademark of Dermira or any third party.
Except as expressly provided above nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any Dermira copyright. Except as expressly set forth on the site, if you submit any information to us, including any comments, remarks, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, graphics, concepts, or other information, you are giving that information, and all your rights in it, to Dermira free of charge and such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Dermira shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation, without your consent or any compensation to you or anyone else. Dermira shall be free to use any know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such information. This is true whether you submit such information to us by email, through a form on the site, on a bulletin board, or in any other manner. Dermira may from time to time monitor, review and, in its sole discretion, modify or delete any postings you make on the site however, Dermira is not obligated to do so.
You agree not to submit or transmit any material that is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, or might in any other way violate any law, regulation, or rule. You are solely responsible for any material you submit to the site. You further agree not to upload, email, post or transmit to, or distribute or otherwise publish through the site any material which disrupts the normal operation of the site, including posting or otherwise transmitting material that is not related to the subject at issue or otherwise restricts or inhibits any other user from using the site. Through your usage of the site, you may submit and/or Dermira may gather certain limited information about you and your website usage. We are free to use such information for any purpose we deem appropriate, including marketing purposes.
When using the site, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control and jurisdiction of Dermira and its suppliers. Accordingly, Dermira assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this site.
Dermira is located in Menlo Park, California, in the United States of America (USA). This site is intended for the exclusive use of residents of the USA. Dermira makes no representation that the materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Access to the content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries outside of the USA. If you access this site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
What is QBREXZA?
QBREXZA is a prescription anticholinergic medicine used on the skin (topical) to treat excessive underarm sweating (primary axillary hyperhidrosis) in adults and children 9 years of age and older.
It is not known if QBREXZA is safe and effective in children under 9 years of age.IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Who should not use QBREXZA?
Do not use QBREXZA if you have certain medical conditions that can be made worse by taking an anticholinergic medicine such as glaucoma, severe ulcerative colitis or certain other serious bowel problems associated with severe ulcerative colitis, myasthenia gravis, and Sjogren’s syndrome.
Talk to your healthcare provider if you are not sure if you have a medical condition that can be made worse by taking an anticholinergic medicine.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before using QBREXZA?
Before using QBREXZA, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have prostate or bladder problems, or problems passing urine
- have kidney problems
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if QBREXZA will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if QBREXZA passes into your breast milk. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby during treatment with QBREXZA.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. QBREXZA may affect the way other medicines work causing side effects. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take anticholinergic medicines.
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of your medicines with you and show it to your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
How should I use QBREXZA?
- Use QBREXZA exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to use it.
- QBREXZA comes as a single-use pre-moistened cloth in individual pouches.
- QBREXZA should be applied to the clean, dry, intact skin, of your underarm areas only. Do not apply QBREXZA to broken skin. Do not cover the treated area with a plastic (occlusive) dressing.
- Apply QBREXZA to both underarm areas using 1 cloth 1 time every 24 hours.
- Carefully tear open the pouch to avoid tearing the QBREXZA cloth.
- Unfold the QBREXZA cloth and apply QBREXZA by wiping across 1 entire underarm 1 time. Using the same QBREXZA cloth, wipe across the other underarm 1 time.
- Throw away (discard) the used QBREXZA cloth in the trash.
- Wash your hands right away after you apply QBREXZA and have thrown away the cloth. It is important that you wash your hands because the QBREXZA that is still on your hands can cause you to have blurred vision if you touch your eyes.
- Do not reuse the QBREXZA cloth.
- QBREXZA may cause you to have blurred vision that is temporary. If you develop blurred vision, call your healthcare provider, stop using QBREXZA and do not drive, operate machinery, or do hazardous work until your vision is clear.
- QBREXZA is flammable. Avoid heat and flame while applying QBREXZA to your skin.
What are the possible side effects of QBREXZA?
QBREXZA can cause serious side effects, including:
- New or worsened urinary retention. People who use QBREXZA may develop new or worse urinary retention. Urinary retention can be caused by a blockage in your bladder. Urinary retention can also happen in men who have a larger than normal prostate. Symptoms of urinary retention may include:
- difficulty urinating
- urinating frequently
- urination in a weak stream or drips
- full bladder or difficulty emptying your bladder (distended bladder)
If you have these symptoms, stop using QBREXZA and call your healthcare provider right away.
- Problems with control of your body temperature. QBREXZA can cause you to have decreased sweating in areas other than the underarm area which could cause you to become overheated and to develop heat illness. When in hot or very warm temperatures, watch for lack of sweating on your body (generalized) and stop using QBREXZA if you develop lack of sweating on your body.
Stop using QBREXZA and call your healthcare provider right away if you develop any of these symptoms of heat illness:
- hot, red skin
- decreased alertness or passing out (unconsciousness)
- fast, weak pulse
- fast, shallow breathing
- increased body temperature (fever)
- Blurred vision. If you develop blurred vision during treatment with QBREXZA, call your healthcare provider, stop using QBREXZA and do not drive, or operate machinery, or do hazardous work until your vision is clear.
- dry mouth
- dilation of the pupils of your eyes (mydriasis)
- sore throat
- skin redness, burning/stinging or itching in underarm area
- problems with urination
- blurred vision
- nasal dryness
- throat, eye, and skin dryness
These are not all of the possible side effects of QBREXZA.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
The FDA-approved patient product information can be found at pi.dermira.com/QbrexzaPPI.pdf.