Privacy at Dermira, Inc.
Consent to Processing in the United States and Elsewhere.
This site is owned and operated by Dermira in the United States, but the Personal Information (defined below) you provide may be accessible to our affiliates, vendors and suppliers in other countries. If you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your Personal Information collected on this site will be transferred outside of your country. The level of legal protection for Personal Information is not the same in all countries and the laws may be more protective in your country than in countries where we process your information; however, we will take reasonable efforts and security measures as described in this Privacy Statement in an effort to keep your information secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your Personal Information in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
Dermira Website Privacy Statement
Dermira respects the privacy of visitors to its websites (“Dermira website”) and, as a result, we have developed this website privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”). This Privacy Statement applies to (i) the operation of U.S. websites that directly link to this statement when you click on "privacy statement" in the website footer, as well as mobile applications (“Apps”) and digital services (“Digital Services”) that link to or post this Privacy Statement; and (ii) the Personal Information that Dermira processes relating to individuals using Dermira websites, Apps, and Digital Services. In this Privacy Statement, we collectively refer to the websites, Apps, and Digital Services that may link to or post this Privacy Statement as “websites.”
Personal Information Collected by Dermira
Through this website or other Dermira websites, Dermira may process the following information pertaining to you:
- Information that you provide voluntarily via a Dermira website and that can (directly or indirectly) identify or locate you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other similar information ("Personal Information"). You may always refuse to provide Personal Information to us, but this may lead to our inability to provide you with certain information, products, or services.
- Information related to you that the Dermira website you visit collects automatically, such as the date and time of website session, movements across the website, information about your browser, your Internet Protocol (IP) Address and other information gathered through our weblogs, cookies or by other means (see below). An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. It is possible that your IP Address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed Personal Information.
We may use your Personal Information:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services;
- If you apply for a job via our career center, to consider you for employment;
- If you register online, to administer your account;
- To contact you and to provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- If you have a business or professional relationship with Dermira or a Dermira affiliate, we may use your Personal Information generally to develop our business relationship with you;
- For legal compliance, such as adverse event reporting or to enforce our rights; and
- For other everyday business purposes, such as website management, research and product development.
We may also enhance or merge information about you, including Personal Information, with information about you obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
By using a Dermira website, you consent to our use of your information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
This site may use a technology known as web beacons — sometimes called single-pixel gifs — that allow this site to collect web log information. A web beacon is a graphic on a web page or in an email message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web log information is gathered when you visit one of our websites by the computer that hosts our website (called a "webserver"). The webserver automatically recognizes some information that will not be able to identify you, such as the date and time you visited our site, the pages you visited, the website you came from, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows 2000), and the domain name and address of your Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). We may also include web beacons in promotional email messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened.
This website may use a technology called a "cookie". A cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a website. Then when you come back, our website will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately. For instance, our site may set a cookie on your browser that keeps you from needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the site. In addition, cookies may be used to remarket employment opportunities to you in the United States. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the site may be limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the site's features.
Information Disclosures and Sharing
Except as provided below, Dermira will not share your Personal Information with third parties unless you have consented to the disclosure.
We may share your Personal Information with our agents, contractors or partners in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Dermira, such as sending email messages, managing data, hosting our databases, providing data processing services, providing customer service, or so we may enhance or add data about you from these other entities. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Dermira, or services for the collaboration in which they and Dermira are engaged (for example, some of our products are developed and marketed through joint agreements with other companies).
Dermira will share Personal Information to respond to duly authorized subpoenas or other lawful information requests of governmental authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to provide Internet security, or where required by law. In exceptionally rare circumstances where national, state or company security is at issue, Dermira reserves the right to share our entire database of visitors and customers with appropriate governmental authorities.
We may also provide your Personal Information to a third party in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of a Dermira website to which the information relates, in which case we will require any such buyer to agree to treat Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
First-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) will be used to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to this site.
- Opt-Out Provision: Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Social Media Plugins
Our websites may use Social Media Plugins to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our websites, the operator of the social media plugin that is on our website can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals on their website who have previously visited our sites. If you are logged into the social media website while browsing on our website, social media plugins may allow that social media website to receive directly identifiable information about you that shows you have visited our website. Social media plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. Dermira does not control any of the content from social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Dermira will respect your marketing and communications preferences. You can opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in our commercial emails. You can also request removal from all our contact lists, by writing to us at the following address:
Attention: Corporate Communications
275 Middlefield Road, Suite 150
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Please be sure to include your email address if you are writing to unsubscribe. Also, please note that you may continue to receive materials while we are updating our lists.
This site is not intended for or designed to attract individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 18.
Areas of this website that collect Personal Information use reasonable security protections designed to protect this information.
For More Information
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by writing to:
275 Middlefield Road, Suite 150
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Changes to Our Privacy Practices
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do update it, for your convenience, we will make the updated statement available on this page. We will always handle your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Statement in effect at the time it was collected. We will not make any materially different use or new disclosure of your Personal Information to another entity using your Personal Information for its own purposes unless we notify you and give you an opportunity to object.
Last Updated: November 8, 2017
What is QBREXZA?
QBREXZA is a prescription medication used on the skin to treat excessive underarm sweating (primary axillary hyperhidrosis) in people 9 years of age and older.IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is the most important information I should know about QBREXZA?
Who should not use QBREXZA?
Do not use QBREXZA if you have certain medical conditions that can be made worse by taking an anticholinergic medicine such as glaucoma, severe ulcerative colitis (UC) or certain other serious bowel problems associated with UC, myasthenia gravis, and Sjogren’s syndrome.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before using QBREXZA?
- Tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you have prostate, bladder or kidney problems or problems passing urine; if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or plan to become pregnant or breastfeed. It is not known if QBREXZA will harm your unborn baby or pass into breastmilk.
- Tell your healthcare provider and pharmacist about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines and especially any anticholinergic medicines.
What are the possible side effects of QBREXZA?
Serious side effects may include:
- New or worsened urinary retention: People who use QBREXZA may develop new or worse urinary retention. Urinary retention can result from a blockage in your bladder or a larger than normal prostate. Stop using QBREXZA and call your healthcare provider right away if you experience any of the following symptoms: difficulty urinating; urinating frequently; urinating in a weak stream or drips; full bladder or difficulty emptying your bladder.
- Problems with control of your body temperature: QBREXZA can cause you to have decreased sweating in areas other than the underarm leading to overheating and the development of heat illness when in hot or very warm temperatures. Stop using QBREXZA and call your healthcare provider right away if you experience any of the following symptoms: lack of sweating on your body; hot or red skin; decreased alertness or passing out; fast, weak pulse; fast, shallow breathing; increased body temperature.
- Blurred Vision: Stop using QBREXZA and call your healthcare provider if you develop blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do hazardous work until your vision is clear.
The most common side effects of QBREXZA in clinical studies were dry mouth; dilation of the pupils; sore throat; skin redness, burning/stinging or itching in underarm area; headache; problems with urination; blurred vision; nasal, throat, eye, and skin dryness; and constipation. These are not all the possible side effects of QBREXZA. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
QBREXZA is for use on the skin in the underarm only. Wash your hands right away after you apply QBREXZA and have thrown away the cloth.